Thursday, June 10, 2010

Long About Knee-Deep In June

Elder practices for her first guitar concert*
 Last night was the music concert at the school. They fired my younger daughter's inspiring and all-around-perfect teacher, regardless of my speaking before the school board and my writing multiple letters. I am hoping that there is a cosmic reason that I just can't see from my perspective. I hope that even better things will rain down on this lovely lady after she leaves our school. I'm plenty sad and angry about it, and I didn't like going to the school feeling that way for a school concert. It took the fun out of it for me.

Me and Dad being ourselves *
I got to check out the bully after my daughter. She has a full bra, a skin tight spaghetti strap top, edged with black lace, and giant hoop earrings. She is ten. She looks older than me! She wrote and performed her own song, which was impressive. I congratulated her after the show. (TEN BIG-OF-ME POINTS!) I can see how she could eat my kid for lunch in the back of the school bus, though. Yikes!


I woke up today with a stomach ache. When work was slow, and they offered people the chance to go home, I took it. I slept for three extra hours. I think things have been going by too fast for me lately.




How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone. -Coco Chanel


Come, sit with me on my blue plastic chair, and let's blow off work together!

I drop my fears into your ocean
and watch them sink from sight.
I place my fears on your broad earth
and see them rot away.
I put my fears into your hands
and they are no more.
When you offer your arms to me,
Great Mother,
your hands hold nothing but love.
-A Book of Pagan Prayer, pg 222

*asterisked photos by my sister

Love and light,
Your friend,
Mountain

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that your favorite teacher was let go....probably because she was too progressive and excited about her work...I hope she finds a place that wants and needs her skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, why, why would they let a good teacher go? I'll never understand school politics. So now what?

    ReplyDelete

In my hideout, I don't reveal my identity. If you know me, help me keep my secret.