Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day One in My Life With Pharmaceuticals


Wow! Super comments! Thanks for the audience participation!

Let's talk about drugs. I'm on them. You?

So, I woke up this morning feeling like I should go to work. I had a doctor's note saying I didn't have to, but the doctor does not pay my bills. I walked around the apartment early this morning with my hands on my hips. Looked at the ceiling. Walked around in circles like a dog who wanted to lay down. Puffed out my cheeks and blew the air out noisily, then I said,"Yep. Going to work."

My not-strep throat still HURTS, but they gave me drugs for that too. I'm pretty sure you can take your zoloft and shove it, because codeine, as prescribed by A REAL WESTERN MEDICAL DOCTOR, has already cured all my ills. I was happy as a clam today at they office. Mr. Bluebird was on my shoulder. Yay, codeine!

So, remember how I gave a five minute talk about sustainability at the meeting thing? With the Chinese food? They want me to be "the sustainability person"...ohh, check this..."Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Liaison"!!! I think that means that I go around and yell at people who don't recycle. It might involve making signs with glitter and markers that say,"Turn of the lights, dumb ass!" I'm not sure, but it was nice to be asked, and it will take me away from my other painfully mindless and repetitive duties, so I'm super-psyched.

"Turn off the lights, dumb ass!" Hahaha! I crack myself up. I could put a picture of a butt with an arrow. With glitter.

Remember how I made a snap decision and signed the girls up for girls scouts like two weeks ago? It's only been two weeks and I already have 17 million girl scout cookies in my living room. There is a problem. The cookies HERE are different than the cookies I sold in New York. They are not the same cookies. The leader told me that is because they have a different supplier region by region. This is not okay with me. Girl scout cookies are universal, and you can't just go changing them. If this can be remedied in my newly appointed position of Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Liaison, by golly, I am on it.

So, day one on drugs was good. I'm not supposed to feel anything for four to six weeks. Codeine, unfortunately, is only going to last like a week.

2 comments:

  1. Soooo I think the drugs are making you feel much better even if it is only because you know you are now taking something.
    Euuw!!! on the regional Girl Scout Cookies...that's like buying something advertused as made in The USA and then reading the tag that said made somewhere else.
    Love the new background..very nice.
    And here's a slogan for your work place.
    "YOUR MOTHER DOESN'T WORK HERE, CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS". (We had one of these signs where I worked...and it helped).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have too many comment for here. Call me when you get some time to yourself -- opps that won't happen. Call me when you can.

    ReplyDelete

In my hideout, I don't reveal my identity. If you know me, help me keep my secret.