Thursday, December 10, 2009

I love Winter. Seriously.



I feel that buzzing happy holiday energy this year, the kind I haven't felt since I was a kid. I've found a whole bunch of joy in odd places lately. My husband surprised me with a camoflage steering wheel cover (the truck came with one, but it was worn through). He noticed mine was busted and replaced it. It could make a redneck girl weep...just. so. beautiful.
I took a pair of scissors to my own hair and a box of at-home hair color. Don't be alarmed. I do this from time to time, and I know what I'm doing, seriously. My hair was very unhealthy, which really brought to my attention that my whole body is rather unhealthy. I cut off everything that was straw-ish, dyed the whole thing my old-standby shade of red, and feel like a new penny. I have a face that goes with lots of different hair colors. Isn't that weird/lucky?

We have been laughing a lot at work. Even the most staunchly starched has been melting into giggles, and the positive vibe almost makes work feel fulfilling. Almost.

I took the girls for a walk in the freezing wind tonight. They don't get home til late because of the charter school bussing system, and I have been trying to figure out creative ways to exercise my little ponies. When I was little, in upstate new york, we went out no matter what the weather. "Wasn't that terribly cold?" Fuck yeah, but we went out anyway. Tonight, the girls and I went out anyway, and were terribly cold, but I rather enjoyed it. My cheeks stung in protest of the wicked night wind, but something deep, deep, deeeeeeep down says,"Ahhhhh. Back in your natural habitat." I embrace my inner viking woman.
Am I boring you? I am rather boring, but what do you expect from a story without conflict? Ok, Ani DiFranco hasn't left her baby-daddy for a new polyamorous threesome with myself and my husband yet, but...there is still time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

In my hideout, I don't reveal my identity. If you know me, help me keep my secret.