Monday, December 7, 2009

Don't be afraid, it's only bluegrass

Holy Shit! I love this song! It's bluegrass, so be careful... :) You may want to dance.

Imagine me, driving through the dark and sideways snow in my beloved green truck. I had mascara on and everything because I was on my way to a Eagerly! Anticipated! Dinner! Party! I had left my husband behind at home in a feverish heap with only the cat and his theraflu for company. My day was long, fruitless and frustrating. To my surprise, this came on the radio, an even more rollicking version than this was on Prairie Home Companion of all places, and Mr. Kellor described the band as "having everything a young band needs; interesting hair and skinny as snakes." I think I had a musical orgasm. What is WRONG with me? I'm from the suburbs of NEW YORK! There is no reason at all I should like this type of music, but I LOVEITLOVEITLOVE IT!!!! Oh, I am so saving my pennies and buying this album. Twice. And making all of my country-hating friends listen to it. Twice.

So, I've got my eldest daughter on my mind, lately. She tells me she is having trouble fitting in at school. It tears me up. I remember being nine, and intimidated by the girls who always seemed to have their socks match their scrunchies. Terrible stuff.


The cat is in heat. She tries to attract the interest of my sweet, innocent bunny rabbit. She must be pretty desperate, but hey, I got with my ex husband, so I'm not pointing fingers.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed those videos....reminded me of Nickelcreek. Maybe it's some long lost ancestoral background that draws us to that type of music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. no wonder. I just looked up Nicklecreek and see that Chris Thile is part of Punch Brothers....I knew that mandolin music was his....

    ReplyDelete

In my hideout, I don't reveal my identity. If you know me, help me keep my secret.