Thursday, August 12, 2010

Goodnight Earth

So for the last two nights I have woken up dreaming about names. The first night was boy's names. The second night was girl's names. I love names. When I was a little girl my father used to have a very old dictionary with a section in the back called "Common Christian Names". The binding was falling apart and the pages were so thin they were nearly transparent. He used to keep it on a high shelf in his bedroom and I used to take it down to read all of the old fashioned sounding names. Here are some of the names going around in my dreams...

Fulton Adirondack
Fulton Thoreau
Walden
Wally
Hallelujah
Heron
Arthur Heron
Drew Art
Mercy
Ponyo
Ponyo Adirondack
Ursulina Mercy
Thendara Mercy
Gloria Adirondack
Ursa Thoreau

Dear readers, I was truly touched by the outpouring of supportive comments I received today. Such JUICY-NESS! You all are the best. I want to send each and every one of you a hug. As a small token of my appreciation, I added some new music to the playlist. I hope that you like it! If you find it annoying, on the right hand side of the screen in the green box is the music player, and you can hit the stop button to make it stop. Thanks for missing me, and thanks for coming back again.

I slept a full night last night, woke up feeling great, and then slept another two hours in the afternoon. Everything is Just. So. Exhausting.  The girls and I made some blackstrap molasses cookies. You weren't kidding, that shit is vile! The kids won't eat the cookies, but I figure if it looks like a cookie, and has the texture of a cookie, I can dunk it in milk and pretend it is really a cookie. I consider the alternatives. These will still slide down easier than liver-yecch! I think next time I will try some of that nettle tonic stuff.

In other exciting news: I GREW A CUCUMBER ON MY TOPSY TURVY. It is a damn fine one, too, all fat and green. It has been a very hot, dry summer and that cucumber was only coaxed forth with a good dose of determination.

In other, other exciting news: this morning there was no dead rat in a pool of rat blood on my doorstep. There was yesterday. Does some neighborhood cat fancy me, and want to bring me presents? I almost cried it was so gross.

No, today was a very good day. I found something I lost. I got out of work early. I got to take an afternoon nap in the arms of my love.  My husband got some very good news in the avenue of his business. I am having fun imagining the trip to the amusement park I am planning for sunday. I love anticipation far more than surprises, don't you?

I'm just fucking tired is all.

Goodnight Earth
by Patty Wigington

The earth is big and fat and round,


I love the sky, the sea and the ground,


I love the birds and dogs and sheep,


and all the animals that fall asleep,


I love the flowers and rocks and trees,


I love the earth, and it loves me.


love and light,
your friend,
Mountain

6 comments:

  1. How much better "Goodnight Earth" than "Now I lay me down to sleep"! I vote for Thendara Mercy. Now where's the child?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The music is lovely and your words are sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you? I miss you. are you OK? Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, fantastic blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
    you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is great,
    as well as the content!

    My site ... weightloss camp

    ReplyDelete

In my hideout, I don't reveal my identity. If you know me, help me keep my secret.