Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ur Doin It Right

Yesterday I felt like one of those LOL CATS. I'm sure that you have seen them around the internet. Here is an example:
funny pictures of cats with captionsAw, so cute!
But this was me yesterday:Self-loathing Iz doin it right

Thank you for all the supportive comments. My best friend once told me that moods can be like weather whilst depression is the overall climate. Yesterday's mood was a freak thunderstorm with hailstones the size of marbles. There was no weather service warning or time to get into the cellar. As fast as it arrived, it passed.

I woke up today still feeling mild self-pity, but by evening I was sunny again. I'm not in the middle of climate change, only temporary bad weather. I don't know what gives me these self-hatred jags. I lose all compassion for myself.

It would be really hard to be miserable today. I travelled with some coworkers to a special event I helped promote to collect hair for Locks Of Love, an organization that collects hair for cancer patients' wigs. We were treated to an elegant lunch at a white tableclothed restaurant, driven around in a big ol' gas-guzzling Lexus SUV, and didn't have to do any work at all. I didn't have enough hair to donate to Locks Of Love, but I organized some coworkers who did. We had lots of fun laughing and joking on our field trip. I brought along The Book Of Questions, and we entertained ourselves with that on the road while we were stuck in traffic.

Not much time to write, but I wanted to let you know that today was a better day. I don't want you to worry.

Love and light,
your friend,
Mountain

1 comment:

  1. Organizing a group of women to donate hair for Locks Of Love is such a wonderful and supportive way to spend your time. I bet those ladies all felt just great ...

    ReplyDelete

In my hideout, I don't reveal my identity. If you know me, help me keep my secret.