Sunday, May 23, 2010

It appears that I don't know what I'm talking about. Again.

Last summer, when I still had a leg to stand on.
I know that this is a developmental milestone, but all of a sudden my darling daughters have become sullen and surly. It's that natural pulling-away-from-mama-and-forming-my-own-identity thing. Hate it! It upsets me greatly. Have I suddenly become embarrassing? No, children, I was always embarrassing! You just weren't paying attention. I love them, and I know they love me, but we have entered enemy territory in the attitude department.


What?
What's that you say?
You think I might not be a good role model when it comes to the issue of attitude?
I have no idea what you are talking about.


I also have no idea where my camera is. I have no idea about so many things! So, you don't have pictures of my fun and exciting weekend of yelling at my girls in various locations across the Lehigh Valley. We will have to use our imagination.


Everything I say is mean. If I gave them a pony, they'd want a GOLD pony. If I gave them a GOLD pony, they would pout and tell me that their sister's is shinier. 


Testing limits! Testing limits! Is this the limit? Are you sure? Can't I bend it? What about now? Is that really the limit? Really? You sure? Why? Why, mom? Why is that the limit? My friends don't have limits.


I have banned the disney channel from their lives, even when they are visiting. That made me popular. I think I might have told my older daughter, when she was declaring that her life was ruined, that she could call me after she was enrolled in an ivy league college, and we could broach the issue then.  Mwaahahahahahaha! Ok, that might have been mean.


I did go on a lovely date with my husband on friday night, though. I discovered a new place to walk. It is called a nature conservancy, but it is really not conserved nature. It is very structured and gardenlike, a misnomer, but pleasant in its own way. They built a little pond with blue orchids blooming all around it, and filled with the most adorable frogs that were just sitting there, eyes sticking out of the water, as if to say,"Are you leaving yet?" They were so cute I wanted to stick my hand into the duck weed and grab one for myself.  Then, right when my husband went in for a smooch, I could place the frog on his shoulder for safe keeping so I could passionately throw my arms around his neck. Next time. It really did seem like an enchanted place, and I would love to go back with a book sometime, perhaps a parisol, perhaps a dress with puffed sleeves, perhaps cucumber sandwiches, and fully soak up the loveliness.


THURSDAY I'm getting my wisdom teeth out. My friends tell me that it will feel like a kiss from a kitten. My husband and my mom promise me that my sinus issues will be a thing of the past. A THING OF THE PAST, I TELL YOU! Although, I'm doing pretty alright as long as I keep drinking my Naked Green Machine Juice. I call it my immune system in a bottle!


Are you still reading this? Is this still on?


I'm going to bed.


love and light,
your friend,
mountain

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the dental work....I hope you have enough drugs to tune out the screechy voices of your little girls complaining that they are bored because you can't take them somewhere fun or that they don't want to eat what is available.
    Oh....welcome to the approaching teen years....I am sure you will survive...at least there is always the Disney channel if you get desperate.

    ReplyDelete

In my hideout, I don't reveal my identity. If you know me, help me keep my secret.