Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pleasant Expection


Blessed Imbolc. The winter is pregnant with summer. Today, if you look, you may be able to discover the promise of spring yet to come. Imbolc is a pleasant expectation. It is remarkable to me that even in my grey cubicled workplace, we notice our place in the natural world. The first day that my shift ended and there was still pink in the evening sky, my coworker and I gave hoots of joy."Light! Hooray! No more going home in the pitch dark!" While hiking on a frisbee golf course last weekend, I found crocus buds. At the city rose garden I found buds on a magnolia tree. Spring might really come, regardless of the working of a groundhog. My nature fix might be taken on frisbee golf courses, and walks in an office park, but still it finds me.

Right now it is snowing. but it is a bright and pleasant snow. So much is changed by the gift of more daylight. My commute is almost entirely grey, but I have pleasant expectation.

The pagan holidays make me feel like I am part of the whole, that I am natural and that I am in the right place. Spring will come. Take notice of the small shifts. I am a part of the natural order of things. In nature, I find Love. I find God. I get confused when people try to break the ideas into separate pieces.

I have found myself leaning away from wicca, but I still do enjoy marking the days. My relationship with God is like my relationship with Nature. I cannot separate myself entirely, but I always long to bring myself closer in order to form a stronger bond. Nature never turns her back on me, only I turn my back on Nature. God never turns her back on me, only I turn my back on God.

Ah! Before I go I want to express my deep gratitude for the most outstanding, big hearted comments I've received recently. Totally awesome. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, so cool. You took me to climb a tree almost as soon as you saw me, do you remember? I shall take Millie to find traces of spring tomorrow. Thank you for that and for everything and for being you, you darling, wonderful mountain xxxx

    ReplyDelete

In my hideout, I don't reveal my identity. If you know me, help me keep my secret.