Thursday, February 11, 2010

Long, hard 17.6 inches




This is what 17. 6 inches of lovely fresh snow looks like all over my house. LOVE IT! I feel like I am in my proper place in the universe when I am in a snowy landscape. No one I know loves snow as much as I do, except for only one person- my best friend in Vermont. I love the sparkliness! I love the muffledness. I love the not-having-to-go-to-workness. I love the crunching when one walks. I love rosy cheeks. I love the bundling up in layers...do I look fat? We all look fat! I love my four wheel drive truck. I love snow days. I love lying on my couch at night and watching the snow come down in front of the street light.



For a person who is in the middle of deepest darkest depression, that's a lot of LOVE! They say that being depressed has a lot to do with light. A snowstorm finally gives me that light that I am starving for. I've been feeling pretty good, even though I had to work today and it felt like no one on the planet was leaving their cozy abodes and going out into the world but me. Harrumph. I shoulda been sledding.


If you were familiar with my neighborhood, you would be astounded by this picture because that road is a main thoroughfare that is always jammed with cars. So, that was outside. This was inside.




Say hello to my leetle friends!

The absolute best thing about snow days when you are a kid is not only do you have a fully free unscheduled day, but so do ALL YOUR FRIENDS. These friends live only a few houses down the street. They are the best kids because I can have five kids in my little upstairs apartment, and it will be peaceful and even quiet! Its amazing. Supernatural even.


We do have a problem, though. The bunny cage started this thing with flies. I did not strike early and strike hard, and now our house is totally overtaken. How do you kill flies in winter? They don't fly out the window! So, we had a fly murdering festival. What? You don't have that at your house? They aren't speedy house flies. These are little and slow. Five kids went into attack mode.

Smack...giggle giggle...smack...(runrunrun)...smack...smack...(runrunrun)...smack....giggle giggle.

Good times, folks. If you want to have this much fun, you can have some of my flies for your house...for only fifty cents a fly. I'll even wave the tax.

4 comments:

  1. I bet if you opened up the window and put the flies outside; they would freeze into little crystals.... euuw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a magic picture bookish scene.... I want it! Where I live, I can just forget it. ...except for that one time that it snowed on Easter day. Now that was a snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's that white stuff all over your picturs? Looks beautiful, and I love that you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may be the only person I know that likes snow. I live in Upstate NY. I like it about the first two times it snows. After that, it gets pretty old. Glad you got your little shot of it though. Also glad all these storms have been going south instead of hitting us. Woo hoo on that!

    ReplyDelete

In my hideout, I don't reveal my identity. If you know me, help me keep my secret.