Wednesday, November 4, 2009

We seem to have a cat.

Re: an earlier entry, the fifth puerto rican dog is named FRIDA after Frida Kahlo.
1.Blanca Nieves
2.Milagro
3.Bacon
4. Luna
AND 5. FRIDA!

For some reason those five dog names give me a kick.

You just never know how a day is going to turn out. I did not wake up in the morning with the idea that I was going to go to sleep the proud owner of a stray cat, but I that is indeed what happened. I lost my debit card. I went back to work to look for it. At work they had a beautiful, grey kitten that had been crying on the doorstep all evening, and I took it home.

We are shopping for names. The girls are interested in spanish now because they are learning it at school so we picked out some spanish names. Right now we are thinking about Milagro, Miraposa, Alma, Reina or Ed Gein. I think savage murderers are appropriate because I hope this cat will be a mouser.

The cat is a true beauty, and totally amiable, like a dog. She is a brindle grey color, with short hair, and a white face. You know how I am with jumping into things, but if disaster ensues, my neighbor promises to take sweet Milagro/Ed Gein off of my hands. She even likes the bunny! So far, so good.

4 comments:

  1. I am sure you will all fall in love with the cat....and come up with a perfect Spanish name for her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have our dear little boy cats which BTW, I was determined that we would NOT keep. But here they are and here they will stay... and in my completely unbiased opinion they are the most delightful felines ever created. I never planned on falling in love with them, but I couldn't help myself;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh you have no idea how jealous i am. i have had this plan of how i would get a cat (by having to rescue a poor stray kitten) for like 6 years now. it happens to everyone but me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5cents-It seems the spanish names lost, and german won. "Gretel" seems to be the keeper.

    Persuaded-I can't really imagine you NOT falling in love with kittens. Trying, maybe, but not really succeeding. :) I may be coming to you for advice. I'm new at this!!!

    LucyLane- Well, I was hoping a stray PHD would land on my door-lol! Don't hit me! :)

    ReplyDelete

In my hideout, I don't reveal my identity. If you know me, help me keep my secret.