Saturday, October 24, 2009

Castle Adventure Kits, Again!













I have been dipping my toe into being creative again!

I posted this information on the old blog, but I wanted to have it here, too, for posterity, so sorry for the repeats!

Those of you who know me know that I love to make the gifts that the girls bring along to their friend's birthday parties, when time allows. I would like to show you a recent project that I have been working on called THE CASTLE ADVENTURE KIT. My older daughter helped me make two kits for a pair of brothers for their birthday. The kits are different pieces of castles, like a tower, a trapdoor, or a mailbox, drawn on tough cardstock, cut out and attached to magnets. We added a baking sheet, to give them a good building platform. Giving two kits to brothers works out great, because the pieces can go together to build something bigger!


My sister saw these photos on facebook, and asked me to make a pink princess set for a little friend of hers. My coworker saw me working on the princess set, and ordered another one! What fun!


The whole deal was very inexpensive to make (about 6 bucks each, including using some supplies from home) and the possibilities are endless. If I were to do it over again, I would include some blank cardstock and some magnets, so that the recepient could make some of their own pieces.


What do you think?




***HELP! Blogger won't allow me to indent or leave a space between paragraphs, and it seems to also have a strong desire to publish my photos sideways! Has anyone else encountered this? ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

In my hideout, I don't reveal my identity. If you know me, help me keep my secret.