Saturday, March 27, 2010

Zen, Leukemia, The Alphabet and It's Debatable Level Of Ease To Learn

This is for Diane over at TomatoSoupCake, who lost her beloved computer and could not blog, but now has a new one!


Diane is a Christian with a capital C, and one heck of a lover of all kinds of people. I am a meandering Wiccan who lately hangs out with Buddhists, a tattoo artist, and I say "fuck" a lot, yet Diane's compassion even extends to me. We do share many of the same interests, though. I really care about raising compassionate children. I love to do things the old fashioned way. I want to learn about homemaking, because I've got a home and I've got no one else to make it, and I have learned a lot from Diane's tips and tricks. We also are both SERIOUSLY anti-consumerist (pro-simplicity?) and we both have more than one daughter who is
!awe-some! But now is the time where I am going to give a very high compliment. Diane incorporates her faith in all that she does, and she makes me FEEL loved and in the spirit, without ever, ever judging me.

Now, I came to think about this because I was surfing around in blogland, and I came upon bunches of Christian ladies who are wow-with-the-nasty. This one lady (who's name I won't mention, I really don't know her at all, I just stumbled in!) was talking about this book about organizing. The book used the term ZEN, said the lady, but don't worry, because it wasn't really Buddhist. Its just that zen is the new way to say,"I'm from LA," but she was sure that no one in LA could relate to her because who in LA even BREASTFEEDS????

Dear readers, far be it from me to defend Los Angeles, but I
personally breastfed while residing in that city. I'm just saying. Haters, if you are reading along in a perfectly nice book and you stumble across the word Zen, it won't bite you and infect you with Zen-leporsy. Zen is a pacifist.

Oy vey!

All that being said, Welcome Back, Diane! I know you are not a hater, and have never even had Zen-leporsy.

Yes, I'm in a rare mood.

It's just that child rearing has really backed me into a corner lately. I was just interrupted mid-rant by my little one saying,"Mama, did I have leukemia when I was a baby?"

"NO! Who told you that!?"

I didn't really need to ask. There are only three people at home, and that makes Older Daughter the culprit.

"Did you tell her she had leukemia?"

"gigglegiggle...yes."

"Can you please not tell your sister that she had leukemia because she never did?"

"gigglegigglegiggle...ok."

Now they are singing the alphabet. In spanish.
The alphabet is easy to learn! Yeah! Get down!

4 comments:

  1. Thank for the chuckle in the wee hours. LOL!(giggle giggle )

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I was a child, the worst thing you could tell someone was that they were adopted....but having a terminal disease...wow...! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a mountain!

    "What is a mountain
    but a million grains of sand
    bound together by love and longing."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you honey... I really do♥

    "Zen-leporsy" *snerk*

    ReplyDelete

In my hideout, I don't reveal my identity. If you know me, help me keep my secret.