Thursday, February 4, 2010

List of Things That Did Not Suck






Today was a GOOD day, no qualifiers necessary, all the way to the bottom GOOD. Boy, did I need one! I am big time grateful for a day rated low on the suckage scale. *that's pronouced the french way...suck-ahhh-juh!


THINGS THAT WHERE GOOD ABOUT TODAY:
1. I wore the blue sweater that my daughter brought me from THE Paris, France.

2.I had a meeting where they gave us Chinese food AND cake.

3. I snuck my adorable, amazing coworker a plate of chinese food and cake because he wasn't allowed at the meeting. He was happy. How DARE they withhold chinese food?

4. I spoke at the meeting for like, not even five minutes. It was one of those ones where they send you off in a group to brainstorm, and then someone has to report your collective ideas. Corporate america LOVES these little "brainstorms". I just show up for the chinese food. This time the topic was sustainability and corporate social responsibility. All day long people said to me,"WOW! Mountain, that was such a great presentation!" like I'd done something *really* special when I said, "mygroupthoughtcarpoolingandtelecommutingwouldbegood.Wecouldhave a communitybulletinboardandhealthysnacks." Public speaking? I got that.

5. a surprise love letter in my truck. This is made even more awesome because we have been absolutely at each other's throats lately. Maybe good will prevail! Maybe there is hope for my love life after all!

6.Girls scouts. In another episode of Mountain Makes A Snap Decision, we joined girl scouts tonight. My older daughter has been feeling like an outsider in her classroom, and I could see her just open from the inside like a lotus flower when she realized this group was going to accept her. Oh! It makes my heart swell just thinking about it! She was SO happy!

7. A little girl scout with Downs Syndrome asked me to draw Hannah Montana on her valentine for "the shut ins", who ever they are. I drew her up a Hannah Montana, and felt useful. It was a special moment.

HOW WAS YOUR DAY?
xoxoxoox
Going to bed grateful.

3 comments:

  1. First of all anyone who knows the correct pronunciation of "suckage" is A-OK in my book.

    Secondly, anyone who draws a picture specially for a little girl scout with Down syndrome can move right up to front page center. In my book.

    I'm so pleased that you had such a nice day. I've been thinking of you. (note for your possible future reference: "thinking of you" is code for "praying for you"♥)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day and you spread the joy around too. I hope your daughter LOVES Girl Scouts and makes lots of good friends.

    Glad there was no suck-ahhh-juh in your day...

    ReplyDelete

In my hideout, I don't reveal my identity. If you know me, help me keep my secret.